Forever favorites

  • *daffodils*
  • 1.2.3.4.5 little people*
  • dark early mornings*
  • hats*
  • laundry on a spring morning*
  • stormy nights*
  • my beloved*
  • long walks with a stroller*
  • glowing candles*
  • the smell of honeysuckle*
  • parade drums*
  • a summer dawn*
  • pumpkins*

Acknowledgement

Header Photo by artist/photographer Laura George.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lost in Translation

So sometimes I get a little hot-headed.  And when I do, I tend to say things that should be said, but not in the way I should say them . . . (sigh).

Earlier this morning, I had one of those moments . . .  and in my hot-headedness, I called my husband at work ranting . . . big-time ranting . . . (ugh).  It took about an hour for me to feel that all-too-familiar remorse and want (need) desperately to take it all back.  So I called up my favorite man to apologize . . . no answer.  I tried his cell . . . no answer.  At this point, I'm feeling really bad and hoping that he isn't purposefully ignoring me (which, truth be told, he would never do).  I call (again) . . . no answer (again) . . . but this time I leave a message.

I don't remember what I said . . . other than I rambled (which I frequently do when I'm apologizing).

About an hour later, I call my husband to see if he got the message and he starts laughing and tells me to check my email.

Evidently, hubby had been on a run but has this new messaging system that translates his voicemail into text which is then sent to his cell for him to see instantly. So this is the apology he got -


Hi maybe I can get your branding adding in case you need regard to that anyway I'm just calling to say sorry it just isn't.

Just rough anyway I should let you know -- thing I don't I don't think they should be turned on it -- but it's the same time I guys should more yesterday thank you -- hi 72 inch -- undead everything that I just got home any matched and just -- hi we're ready to go take a while -- thanks you -- for E.

Later bye.



Ummm, yeah - We were both laughing so hard that the apology kind of took care of itself - those are my favorite times! - (luckily with my hubby, we almost always end up laughing at our craziness - even without the help of "undead" technology - what the world?-) . . . He is so good for me - love him!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness. That is way too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like the Husband gets the worst of me because I know he'll love me tomorrow anyway. And for this reason alone he deserves to never get the worst of me, but stil...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This had me laughing to TEARS!!! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Casey - Craig has that SAME system at work. I can NEVER talk directly to him, always have to leave a message and they always end up a lot like that. WHAT's The POINT?

    So funny!!!

    ReplyDelete