Forever favorites

  • *daffodils*
  • 1.2.3.4.5 little people*
  • dark early mornings*
  • hats*
  • laundry on a spring morning*
  • stormy nights*
  • my beloved*
  • long walks with a stroller*
  • glowing candles*
  • the smell of honeysuckle*
  • parade drums*
  • a summer dawn*
  • pumpkins*

Acknowledgement

Header Photo by artist/photographer Laura George.

Friday, March 25, 2011

When he tells me stories . . .

My A (oldest by a mere 2 minutes) bubbles over with energy.  Seriously - bubbles OVER (the top)

He can hardly hold still - EVER!  Ah that boy - boy - BOY!
He sometimes drives me crazy ...
Especially when he's trying not to smirk after choosing to be a little naughty ...
And I'm handing out the consequences.
(I'm honestly shaking my head at the mere thought of it ... so impish!)

He doesn't, however, save his smirking just for consequences - oh no!
His little face smirks all to readily ... when he tells me stories.

And I cherish his storytelling.  If there is ever a story that he deems worthy of repeating, he is usually so enthused about it that he can barely contain himself, let alone repeat it - ha!

(I must add that most of his favs are the completely random - somewhat twisted - bedtime stories that my beloved one makes up at the littles' request).

In A's excitement, he almost always leaves out crucial plots and conversations to the point that most times, the story-line is completely undecipherable (at which point, I make a mental note to ask my beloved for a repeat performance).
But A laughs that laugh ...  and smirks that smirk ...
While his eyes sparkle like the night sky.
And I love him for it - indeed - I love him a LOT

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie pie! I'm sure that smile will melt a lot of hearts!

    ReplyDelete